It’s the time of year for winter squashes and soups. This easy soup filled our bellies and delighted our taste buds.
What is needed:
- 40 oz cubed butternut squash, I used pre-cut squash
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 large button mushrooms, diced
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 red potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cube not-chicken boullion
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups and 2 Tablespoons water
Place all the vegetables and two Tablespoons of water in a pot. Cover the pot and steam saute on medium heat until the onions soften, about five minutes. Stir occasionally to check everything is cooking as desired. Add the boullion and rest of the water. Cover and bring to a boil on high heat. Turn heat to low and let simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Check and make sure everything is soft. Add the smoked paprika and nutritional yeast. Stir. Either use an insertion blender and blend in the pot, or blend everything in a blender untill smooth.
Serve warm with crusty bread. Yummers!