For some reason I have several butternut squashes in my kitchen. Time to make up a new recipe! This butternut squash soup is very easy and great as a starter or as a main dish.
What is needed:
- 1 good size butternut squash. Rind peeled off to the orange, seeds removed, and diced
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1/2 a clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 a pint of mushrooms, diced
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cubes un-chicken bouillon
- 4 cups water + 2 Tablespoons
Place all but the 4 cups of water in a soup pot and saute on medium heat until onions are soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the 4 cups of water and cover. Bring heat to high and soup to a boil. Reduce heat to low for a simmer. Simmer until squash is soft, 10 to 15 minutes. Using a submersible blender, blend until creamy. Or, place soup in blender and blend until creamy. Serve hot. Yummers!