I have been playing with my ricotta recipe and have made something even more wonderful!
In general, I have been working on adding more beans into my diet. What? Yes, I eat a lot of beans, but there is always room for more. They are so healthy for our digestive system. Our bowel movements benefit, our microbiome benefits, and our weight management benefits.
So I decided to try substituting beans for some of the nuts in my regular approach to ricotta. I can’t get enough of this stuff. Even Hubby likes it more.
What is needed:
- 2 cups unsalted macadamia nuts, raw preferred
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons pine nuts or walnuts
- 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon liquid aminos or 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 dashes of nutmeg
What to do:
- Place nuts in blender and coursely grind
- Add everything else to blender
- Blend until thick with small chunks, add a bit more water of needed
This ricotta full for fiber works great in lasagna, stuffed shells, and any other dish that normally benefits from ricotta. Yummers!